Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution entails stashing and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server run by a web hosting supplier. There are different groups of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's take a glimpse at them. In this way, you can decide what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a web portal, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a solution made available by some hosts, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts often include adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given amount of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely untrue interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the tasks at hand between separate bunches of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various hosting services (email, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given suppliers offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting kind is suitable if you would like to share an immense quantity of images with mates or associates since the solution is typically free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your e-mail address accounts. Some suppliers provide web hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you wish to own a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred viewers, you may have trouble with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to manage as many video files as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to have a website. To some extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and email accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Host Vegas, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared with the normal email/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for specific content solely.